Pay Raise Signed in the Nick of Time

President Obama signed the 2012 National Defense Authorization Act on the last day of 2011. The new law includes a 1.6 percent raise for active-duty and reserve — the raise went into effect the following day. This was the last pending pay and compensation issue to impact pay and allowances for 2012 .

View the 2012 Military Pay Charts to see what you will earn this year.

This year’s defense bill also includes several other provisions that will potentially affect active-duty and retired servicemembers and their families. The following is a list of those changes:

• The law will extend authority for the DoD to continue to offer voluntary separation pay and benefits to those facing involuntary separations through 2018.
  • The $100 a day high-deployment allowance for those deployed more than 400 days out of the preceding 730 days, will no longer be “mandatory.” The wording now authorizes the DoD to pay this compensation rather than mandating it; this change may give the DoD the opportunity to phase-out this allowance.
  • Future annual TRICARE enrollment fee increases for retirees and their family members will be limited to the annual Retiree COLA percentage.

Read the full American Forces Press Service article to learn more about the many other provisions that may affect military life.

About the Author

Terry Howell

72 Comments on "Pay Raise Signed in the Nick of Time"

1. Is there a retired cola piece in the latest bill for retirees?

2. Did anyone mention the authorization for the military to detain US citizens on US soil without a warrant, arraignment, or trial indefinitely? Any Oathkeepers around? Our CIC says he won’t use this provision, but it was added at HIS request! Enjoy the 1.6 percent payraise, it only cost the 4th, 5th, and 6ththe Amendments

3. get a grip cw

4. The Congress is as culpably negligent as the CIC.

5. Protect against all enemies both foreign and DOMESTIC.. Wake up America!! Compliments Of True American–Earl Pitts

6. I understand the "pay raise" will be used to pay for the Medicare cost increase?

7. Pay Raise Signed in the Nick of Time……………

yep, just in time to pay more for Tri-Care and prescriptions….amazing!

8. A extra 5 bucks, thx.

9. SSG Brown RET | January 4, 2012 at 8:15 pm |

Where can I and My Town get a free vacation on the TAX PAYER

10. That's right cw, blame the military who haven't received a raise in two years, but still put their lives and safety on the line for us. Nice going. You make me sick as you try to accuse those who had nothing to do with this as if they were behind it. I say (after spending 25 yrs in the military) don't bad-mouth the military unless you are (or were) in there; if not, SHUT UP, CHECK YOUR FACTS, and PUT THE BLAME WHERE IT SHOULD BE. Thank you for your comments. Retired and proud military member who is proud of every service member who has served to protect us (yes, even you).

11. You're lucky you got five bucks, I got four and I've been in for 27 years.

12. Annual Tricare fee's for retiree's "limited" to COLA raise. I pray this doesn't mean it WILL be ALL the COLA raise, versus a portion of it. COLA is there for a reason, and to steal it back to pay for a promise they made (free healthcare… which isn't fee) at the expense of making our retirement pay lose that much value each year is criminal. We retiree's deserve better after serving our country so long.

13. We will all get paid in "Commissary and PX/BX" bucks that you can only spend at the company store. Evey time I get a raise in my civilian job, my company health care goes up to match. This is no different.

14. Served 26 years, 3 tours in SE Asia, 2 in the middle east, retired now paying for medical coverage, looking at an increase equal to my COLA. Yet young lady next door has had 3 children in the last 3 years, just lost a set of twins, which would have been numbers 4 and 5, no father in sight for any of them, yet she is receiving aid and free medical care, to include drug rehab, failed twice, as well as assistance in child care, has not had a job and probably can not form her lips around the word. Is this what not only I but all the others that served in the Military, and are still serving are doing it for. It is about time that our government and our overpaid reps had a reality check and got their heads out from between their hip pockets.

15. And my taxes were cut by about $1.46 for the month of February. I'm gonna go to the Big Island on the government dime and celebrate. (well travel Space A maybe).

16. Steve, is "culpably negligent" a double entropy? Perhaps a reference to mere entelechy? I mean, hi-tech moved in on us so fast that most never learned to program a VCR.

17. I retired 37 years ago. Medication through tricare just went up from $3 to $5 or $9 to $12 per prescription. My retirement pay in 1975 was about $700 per month. With COLAs it is now $1578. The average pay for a civil servant (gummit employee) is over $72,000, with medical, dental, vision, retirement of 75-90%, no wonder this country is broke. And then then they complain about us getting to much money in our retirement. No dental, no vision and 50 to 75% of our base pay. Congress and senators get !00% plus MDV for life with only serving 4-6 years.

18. The only answer to being treated like second class citizens is to vote all the current office holders OUT, and work towards term limits for all federal offices. We need people in office that have served in the military.

19. Well, being retired after 20 yrs. of service and still working to make ends meet I for one know that all the freeloaders of scociety don't give a rip about why they get what they get just as long as they get it . They do think they're owed it. So when my money no longer reaches and they still want to squeeze out more I have a plan. Go to jail 3 hots and a cot and let someone else pay. A big change in Washington needs to happen soon or bankrupt we'll be.

20. SSG Merlin Moore | January 4, 2012 at 9:31 pm |

I retired after 20 years and get 60% of my base pay before taxes and only clear 45% after taxes. The so called free Medical is worthless because you have to wait for an opening in the medical units to even get pain pills for injuries that you aquried while on active duty, the wifes and kids can get serviced before you even if you have a appointment already they come first.

21. It’s really inconsolable that both houses in Washington get $1,000.00 per. month for per dim, for transportation, meals and housing and over $174,000.00 per year salary for starts just being there not counting all the time they take off. The government after 3 years without any pay raise for the military gave them a whopping 1.6 pay raise. Both sides gave themselves raise for the past 3 years. These are the men and woman that are putting their lives on the line every day overseas to give us our rights to vote. How magnanimous of the people in our government right now. Thank you Mr. Obama, see you in November 2012!

Retired USAFR military

22. Everyone blames the current President for everything. Congress IS the problem and until we the people figure out how to make them accountable and have them live like the rest of the military retirees have to with the same health care and retirement plans and get the bastards out of the ELETE status nothing will change. If you don't like the current administration vote one of the current republican canadates and see how that plays out." You all haven' seen nothing yet!!"

23. Old commander | January 4, 2012 at 10:16 pm |

Term limits for congress is the place to start, by constitutional convention. CONGRESS willNEVER do it themselves!

24. AnotherOldVet | January 4, 2012 at 11:08 pm |

All I can say is, we need to start all over as the founders did. New president, new rep's and new senate. There ain't a one of them worth a crap. Yes, including mine, thank you very much. Fire them all, they work for us, remember. Show them the credit they deserve, with the old one finger salute.

25. CurrentUSAF | January 4, 2012 at 11:16 pm |

Ok this goes out to everyone on here who is misinformed. First about the new bill that was signed that detains people if they are believed to doing crimes against the country. The President only signed the bill because the repine would have made it a big speticle of he didn’t and he changed the original bill yo have the CIC to be the one to make the decision because the original bill had the military making the decision. That could have been bad. Now the President does not have any control on what or how many aircrafts he takes when he travel. That decision is made by security protocols. Also he is not the first or will he be the last President that has gone home for the holidays. Now to people who said he lied, ok what has he lied about everything he has wanted to do while in office he has done. Healthcare reform, repealing of DADT, going after Bin Laden, going after Guardian( by the not sending us into another war). Doing all of these with a congress that fights him every chance they get. I am tired of ill informed people running their mouths and disrespecting our President if you don’t like it get the he’ll out. Stop listening to Fox news and do your own researchers on issues. Has this president done everything right of course not we are not perfect beings but is he truly trying to help Americans you Damn right and I support him 100%.

26. This bill is just like "Obama Care'. Too many loop holes and no clarity. Please read what Fox news has to say. http://www.fox23news.com/news/local/story/Nationa… ol' Pres has the authority to stretch the law based on "national security".__I too have been unable to find the long version of this bill. As for Obama and saying he has done everything right…how about spending 565 Mil your tax $ for solar a company that goes broke the day after receiving the money. And where is the accountablity for all of the bail out money that was given out. No transparency there!! Not to mention the millions spent on "Czars". And I still say his vacation exspenditures are excessive when this country is trying to dig ourselves out of a monetary hole. Yet I also agree with those that say Congress is the problem. The whole fam damily of Politicians are to blame and we as taxpayers just can't seem to get together to fix our country. One of these days we will come together. Until then all we do is b****.

27. H. W. Evans | January 5, 2012 at 6:41 am |

I was stunned beyond belief the other day when my prescription came to a whopping $75.00!!! I am a retired AF non-com with 25 yrs of service. Before Obama we could afford to be sick, now we're facing Grandpa being pushed over the cliff.

28. Lawrence J Gilbo | January 5, 2012 at 7:19 am |

What happened to the 3.6% cola ? Do active duty personell get 1.6% on top of the cola? They deserve to get both.

29. Yes it is amazing how some people's views on politics as it effects them only see their point in the whole matter. This country was in shambles long before
    this president took office. And congress has been fighting him tooth and nail all the way. Backed the last president who sent us to war for personal reasons.

30. Shut up!

31. never been in a fox hole huh!!!

32. I guess you get all your news from the unbias NBC, CBS or ABC. Maybe it is you who needs to get a clue. Oh, and you an ass!

33. Aww look, little Eric sits in the LEFT corner by himself.

34. poolandgolf | January 5, 2012 at 8:38 am |

You must be a government representative Eric. Buzz off!

35. Dumb ass

36. Oh my!!! Another Harvard genious who knows everything but how to scratch their own BUTT! You need to go on Mega Vote, put your
    Congressman's name in and actually see what the Republicans in the House have voted on just to get slapped down again and again by the Democrates.

37. CurrentUSAF | January 5, 2012 at 9:09 am |

Hey Noetruth thanks for an actual intellectual comment

38. Your comment shows the narrowness your education has on your thought process. I can tell that by your support to a false belief that the Democrats have the answers. Well, why are blaming the GOP when the weak minded Democrates are who supported this Change! You cannot keep your mouth shut without blaming someone and that seams to register with being a Democrat. Will you ever be happy?

39. Really Thinking | January 5, 2012 at 9:50 am |

I agree Noetruth that you are reading and obviously writing at a 6th grade level and are easily brainwashed. Did your education include a elementary grade certificate? Please keep taking those free meds because you really need them. Good thing Uncle is giving you a pay check at the end of the month because you probably couldn't make it on your own.

40. @Noetruth– For someone who claims to be so educated I wish you could see how ignorant your comments sound. Not to mention offensive. Comparing the average military members intelligence to a sixth grader and calling us brainwashed. You'd better go back to school because your mindset has no place in the real world.

41. If the people in the whitehouse had to live like the common retiree he wouldn't know how to live and they would see how te world really is !!!!!!! So fire all of them and gave them what soldiers and retirees live on >>>>>>>

42. NUTS!!!!!!!!!!! Who cares if they are Pink Pooka Dotted with green hair and tatoos all the way up their arms!! It's their record not RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!

43. you sound like a complete idiot!!!

44. I really have to get off here and get on with my life. I don't just talk a good fight. I have three Congressmen, two Senators and the Speakers Office on speed dial! I write letters two to three times a month. I have been in my congressman's office even though he is a Republican. I am neither, I am not going to be a lemming and follow anyone who's sole education is in Politics, they work for me! Rambling on blogs does nothing, you have to get off your butt and make sure your point is heard! Other than stay here and correct the wrong statements many of you have made out of ignorance or listening to the lies of the GOP, I have better things to do. Call your Congressman if your not happy!

45. NOetruth: you are an idiot

46. Noetruth:
    Are you for real or just smoking the cheap stuff?

47. I'm retired 20 year navy with tricare standard. If you're prescriptions cost $75 or whatever that seems highly inappropriate then go back to doctor and ask for generic. I had same thing happen and when I told doctor prescribe a generic brand or I wouldn't take it then my cost was $3 (now $5). no biggie. some doctors prescribe brandnames for kickbacks.

48. we had enough | January 5, 2012 at 12:06 pm |

Perhaps we can all send a message by rejecting Mitt Romney now that he has been endorsed by the traitor to vets and retired military Mr John (allmighty) McCain. He is the reason we have been violated with all the promises as he encouraged and pushed to increase Tricare, Express Scripts and other fees while cutting the military force after all the promises that were made to us.

49. Noetruth – It is obvious that you are NOT a veteran and did NOT serve twenty. It is obvious that you are a poser without a clue. Just be glad that the real military provides the freedom for idiots like you to write pure garbage and pretend you are something you are not. Now run along and go collect the monthly "entitlement" checks that the real military worked to provide while you sat on your ever-increasing backside. And, no, that check is not a retirement check. I am sure it is SSI or something similar because I am sure you have never worked an honest day in your pathetic life.

50. Notruth. From an educated retiree, YOU are one stupid A–Hole!!!

51. Well what do you know….NOetruth must be a Democrat, because what he stated above proves that he is an Idiot of the higest standards!!!

52. We live in a world where every aspect of the capitalistic market in the US is out for more money for less product and less truth in advertising! This is most evident in Medicine. I am an Air Force retired Medical professional with 80% disability, all at the hands of the Medical Centers I worked in! It is no different in the civilian sector. I read N0etruth's blog and even with some grammatical errors, he has finally told what has been known for a long time, the Average Reading Level of the US Military! It's not their fault, but it is a fact. Especially in the Army. It is just another aspect of the Rich, Top 1% of Earners", control the US. You will never see one of their Sons or Daughters serving in Afghanistan. It's all about control!

The problem with this is our Education has been raped during and after the Bush Years through severe budget cuts and the GOP wants to cut further. We are lacking in Education, especially Science and Math. couple that with the poor Medical System, unless you're rich, and the outright illegal activities of the Mortgage, Banking and Investment giants, and we're in some pretty bad shape that may never get better. Especially if the Republicans get more seats because they want to pull Obamas' Health Care Plan, which is actually helping the 8 million children who had no insurance. I mean really, what if one of those kids who loose health care by the GOP, Who have NO plan, what if one of those kids could have been the best Einstein? How many future scientists won't make it due to the broken education system!

I grew up in a poor rural back woods area of Kentucky. I had to fight to get out and paid for my own education. If you don't know what a good health care system is, how will you know a bad one? TriCare sucks, everyone knows that, but everyone does not know how to make it work! If you aren't savvy to know how to protect yourself medically, you're in trouble. For years, the patients in the VA Medical System were so uneducated they had no idea what Quality Health Care was. Now it's happening again. And the sad thing is that Quality Health Care is cheaper but honorable health care officials don't run HMOs, Drug Companies run health care and they don't want cures! Every drug isn't needed!!! Did you know Type 2 Diabetes is curable? Your Doctor won't tell you! everything is corrupt and if you aren't educated enough to fight through it, well, blame the GOP, they want you to stay that way!

Did you know that the 700 Billion Bailout wasn't exactly just 700 Billion? Along with the Federal Bailout by Congress, the Federal Reserve gave the Banks low cost loans of 7 Trillion Dollars at a rate of .0015%. If you and I fail, we don't get loans under 30% interest!!!!! And the GOP want to unregulated the Banks again! wow!

53. Wow, woke up some GOPers! Use your words, prove me wrong, quote some GOP Ideas, Policies that help the people, fix Wall Street, help retirees and save Social Security? And really, Privatizing Social Security by Investments, do you not remember how millions lost their retirements due to the last Wall Street scam only one year ago??? Come on prove that the Reading level for a private in the Army is higher than 6th grade. Especially when we're graduating kids who can't read due to a failing education system!

Obama made College loans a reality and cheaper. If you pick a job in a service area, medicine, law enforcement, retirement homes, military, after ten years the loan is gone! What has the GOP come up with, NOTHING! I am not a Dem or Republican, I won't be told who to choose. I vote for who will do the least damage and the most good. It's called reasoning. No I'm not an english major, I needed a job that paid better! A Molecular Microbiologist and a Geneticist, I'd really like to study the DNA of some of you for the Velo-cardio-facial syndrome (VCFS) is associated with deletions in the qll band of chromosome 22, learning disability and psychosis. But guess what, the government, (NIH), won't fund it! They don't want people to be smarter!

If you don't like your government,get off your butts and do something, I have!

54. wow, your education was obviously wasted! Obama has done sooooo much for the country….we didn't have socialism before, awesome change (sarcasm implied). Maybe the VA can help you get your head out of your rectum for free and take your keyboard away at the same time….you sure can't use it for its intended purpose.

55. If you think it is easy pick up a gun and stand a post. Otherwise shut the ____ up. You have not idea what you are talking about. Check and see how many military members have college degrees (technical degrees even) and you will see it is significantly higher than the country average. So what if Bush got us into this mess. Obama made it twice as bad. His hands are NOT clean in this. Find ANY other country where the military truly is created and maintained to protect YOUR rights. They swear to it. What do you defend? Your right to blab crap that you really know nothing about. Quit taking up valuable air.

56. Its apparent you have no clue what your talking about, I'm a retired Military member, I served 24 years proudly. I went into the military with 1 year of college and retired with a Bachelors degree in business and a Masters degree in Sociology, I was afforded the opportunity to complete my education while in the service and was trained in a number of specialized fields training. I am not the exception rather the rule most military member do further their education in the military because the military needs smarter and better trained personnel to fight and protect idiots like you to have the right to voice your option no matter buffoonish it may be.

57. I think its bull— to say our military has a 6th garade reading level. Iam a E9 retired after 24 years US NAVY. I found that most people want to play dumb in order to not get extra work, It seemed to me the more you knew the more bull got thron at you. The young guys know that and play stupid. Not much can be said for their superiors if they don't push these players into education.

I will say one thing for the Navy, they now and always pushed education, reguardless of education upon entry to the service. But again I think it goes back onto their leaders for this problem.

58. It's same old story, the house, the senate, the president or some other group screwed it up or has done nothing to help me. As we all seem to have our hand out. As long as its free keep it coming, but don't ask me how to pay for it as that is not my concern. But you know the funny part of all this is, "ITS YOU AND ME" We are the stupid ones that keeps reelecting all the idiots in the house, senate and the president. You hear every day I will not vote for that ——–as he/she did this or that and guess what, next term here they are.
    I am not a dem/rep but I am starting to think the tea party is on to someting, or maybe just another shot in the dark.
    I disagree that the reading level is 6th garade level. There is a leadership problem not a reading level problem

59. What do you think about retired getting NO cost of living raises ever again as our part of handling the budget? Though I love money, I do not see where we are OWED a cost of living increase. There are a lot of retired on the dole and it is getting larger. E-5 1% raise = 100 or so a year. O-7/9 1% might be 1000-5000. In a socialist system to you see the haves still getting richer? That is why the socialist system does not work – the gap will continue to get larger. In a public/socialist system try to keep the rich the same but bring the poor up. It would work. I do not want this system in the private sector though.

60. Believe it or not, the VA is a great medical service for our vets. Services have improved over the last 10 years by 10 fold. Nearly every large VA facility is connected in some way with a major university and they jointly do research and delevopement.

61. Just because you are in the military doesn't make you right. Wait to see the effect socialized medicine takes. I want people helped too but trust me this will bankrupt this country. You talk about propaganda – the facts are that more rich people support OBAMA and the Dems than have EVER supported Reps. Look up the facts. And if your are linked to the AF then you should know the education levels in the military are more than you portrait. Noone is talking about cutting Social Security to current users but if it is NOT fixed ALL people will lose it and are screwed so why not fix it? Why not have a health care system that covers kids 18 and under? There are other options than one carrier and forced pay. What happens to the millions of current insurance workers? They will DIE if they don't have jobs – what about them and their kids. Your arguement is circular and gets nowhere. You are gladly handing your freedoms over to the government. THAT is the scary idea – ask Russians, Old Germans, Chinese, Old Japanese, Cubans, etc. Government rule is government prison and nothing less.

62. I SAY THIS IS TYPICAL OF THE GOVERNMENT. WHEN ARE THE AMERICAN CITIZENS GOING TO WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE? I AM AFRAID THE CAN HAS BEEN KICKED OVER THE CLIFF…..PLEASE PRAY OUR LORD TAKES CONTROL…….I DID NOT VOTE FOR THE CHANGE OR HOPE OFFERED…HOW IN THE WORLD DID AMERICA ELECT SOMEONE WHO HAS TURNED OUR COUNTRY UPSIDE DOWN? NOW HE IS DESTROYING OUR MILITARY. WE NEED TO COME TOGETHER AND VOTE THE OFFENDERS OF TRUTH HONESTY AND OUR CONSTITUTION OUT – PLEASE PAY ATTENTION ———THE ONLY APOLOGY OWED IS TO THE MEMBERS OF OUR MILITARY THAT HAVE SUFFERED AND DIED – NOT TO OTHER COUNTRIES WHO HATE US AND WANT TO SEE US FAIL ASAP === PLEASE WAKE UP NOW.

63. Retired USAF | January 5, 2012 at 7:15 pm |

I dont thionk your color has anything to do with you not being proud, you should not be proud of making the totally ignorant statement that you made.

64. Donald Larson | January 5, 2012 at 9:16 pm |

Believe we should all be contacting our Capitol Hill elected officials and making our voices heard on A/D pay. Pretty easy to do, I frequent http://WWW.FRA.ORG then select "Action Center". Should they vote against our advice, we vote against then.

65. Just once I'd like to see Congress take a cut in pay or in benefits. They just keep taking from the working class including the military and we just take it. NO MORE!! If we don't wake up and vote to replace our president and members of congress with people who care about this country and the people paying the bills, one day we'll wake up and our country as we knew it will no longer exist. And that my friends isn't too far off!!

66. Don't forget who is leading the charge in the healthcare increase, our good old buddy Sen McCain. I new his father and mother, they would both roll over in their graves if they knew what he was proposing and supporting. It appears that he has forgotten where his roots are and has been blinded by the glare of the white buildings in DC, as well as the money he not only married into but has amassed since his arrival in that city. Maybe it is time for him to take his money and move to the desert and call it quits, he is not doing us any service by continuing to hang out in Washington.

67. the pay raise that pres.obama signed for 2012does that include retired military as well ill be getting my retired pay in april when i turn 60 yrs of age on 4/7/2012 my name is MartinOrr

68. CharlesBryant | January 7, 2012 at 2:18 pm |

sheila,

"(e) AUTHORITIES.—Nothing in this section shall be construed to affect existing law or authorities relating to the detention of United States citizens, lawful resident aliens of the United States, or any other persons who are captured or arrested in the United States."

"(1) UNITED STATES CITIZENS.—The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to citizens of the United States.

(2) LAWFUL RESIDENT ALIENS.—The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to a lawful resident alien of the United States on the basis of conduct taking place within the United States, except to the extent permitted by the Constitution of the United States."

69. and to clarify – that's not new with President Obama. That's been the case for decades.

70. joehollinger | January 8, 2012 at 10:35 pm |

The 1.6 percent pay raise is good. The stagnation of pay caused by the limitation on Tricare costs to equal cost of living increases means that this will happen every year. That means no pay raises.

The worst part of the NDAA for Fiscal 2012 is the presidential (every president from here on) power to arrest American citizens without due cause and hold them indefinitely without trial.

Who will arrest these citizen terrorists? Our military, who else? Did you think it was impossible for our military to arrest and detain American citizens? You are wrong, they can under certain conditions not a direct command from the President.

Ever heard of Posse Comitatus? This is a law that allows local law enforcement organizations to call in the Army and/or the Air Force to assist them with a situation that that agency cannot handle by themselves. Situations that shows this was the race riots in Alabama several years ago and the riots in San Francisco (I think) where a truck driver names Rodney started a situation that quickly got out of hand.

Should the President, through his czars, decide that one group or another of U.S. citizens are terrorists by his definition and he directs local law enforcement agencies to round these people up and put them in detention. There is the possibility that the numbers of people to be so rounded up can be far greater than local authorities could handle alone. Thus, in comes the Army and/or Air Force to help out. Oh, the military cannot refuse those requests.

So, good ole Obama can take a circuitous route around his not being able to activate the military against U.S. citizens by ordering local law enforcement to do his dirty work for him.

Have you thought about where large numbers of people labeled as terrorists could be detained? How about detention centers already built, and ready to be built, by FEMA. These detention centers are supposedly to hold illegal aliens rounded up for deportation. Yeah right, like that will ever happen.

More than likely they will hold people that have spoken out about Obama and his lying and unconstitutional acts, those that demonstrate their allegiance to the U.S., those that promote community awareness, and others that pose threats to him carrying out his agenda.

Are you willing to wait and see what he does? Why not start raising hell with your representatives in Congress and tell them in no uncertain terms that you are tired of their inactivity and unwillingness to address the problem of Obama, NOW.

Speak out folks, do research all the time, stay aware of as much as you can and keep others advised. We have to work together to save America. Vote for Ron Paul, he is our only hope as President.

71. I retired 37 years ago. Medication through tricare just went up from $3 to $5 or $9 to $12 per prescription. My retirement pay in 1975 was about $700 per month. With COLAs it is now $1578. The average pay for a civil servant (gummit employee) is over $72,000, with medical, dental, vision, retirement of 75-90%, no wonder this country is broke. And then then they complain about us getting to much money in our retirement. No dental, no vision and 50 to 75% of our base pay. Congress and senators get !00% plus MDV for life with only serving 4-6 years.

Comments are closed.